Friday, January 8, 2010

Black Light on Ice is Nice!

I saw an idea in a magazine and wanted to give it a try.
In the snow, was nestled some rope lights coiled into a tight roll, on top of the snow they surrounded the lights with icicles. It looked like a snow castle glowing in the snow.

Since I couldnt find icicles on the house, I went to the creek , a different look but the idea is the same. We used green lights and placed them in a stump . On top we arranged the clumps of ice from the creek. When the sun started to sink I got the camera out. The first picture shows a lot of purple from the sunset, then it went to black light green.


I was intrigued by the swirls of colors in the ice and the forms with in.








It looks just like it was lit with black lights.





Vasoline ware is a type of antique glass that looks like this when lit with a black light.
































No comments: