Monday, August 31, 2009

10 Dozen is a lot of ears of Corn!




Getting a new freezer has made me a little insane. I must fill it with fresh, locavore produce, even if it kills me.


10 dozen ears of corn to freeze didnt really sound like a lot, but the reality of it was quite different.

I couldnt help but notice how beautiful the corn itself was, the colors, the freshness, the whole package begged to be photographed.


Now freezing that much corn means you have to shuck it, clean it, blanche it, stick in freezing cold water and then cut it off the cob.
This is a nifty trick, I always hated the way corn goes flying everywhere when you cut if off the cob.


Use an old bundt pan, and it catches all the corn , making your job much easier and to my way of thinking, fun!
All the corn is now safely tucked away in the freezer and I know we will be glad this winter, but for now, I am glad it is one more job done!!




1 comment:

Fine Life Folk said...

The corn images look sooo attractive. Makes me just want to tear into it with butter and salt.