Friday, August 14, 2009

Country Critters-Meet Rocky


Living in the country means getting to see the local critters.
This was last evening's visitor.
Rocky Raccoon came to help the environment by scavenging. Instead of having a compost pile like we would like, we tend to dump the edibles over the fence.
The bears in our area have made too many messes with compost bins and containers so we just give the scraps a toss.
At first I couldnt id what I had tossed over the hill. It looked like Rocky was interested in the flowers that had been in the vase too long, hence the buddleia blooms by his feet.





I then realized it was the coleslaw I made that didn't get eaten due to a trip that came up suddenly.

What looks to be noodles is actually a piece of cabbage and Rocky enjoyed his meal.




He looked to be this year's youngun and was not terribly afraid of me taking pictures.




No comments: