Thursday, September 3, 2009

County Fair Time! Chicken and Corn Dogs!



The Shenandoah County Fair only comes once a year. Our first stop was Shaffers BBQ. As you can tell it was yummy like always and like always a mess to eat gracefully, not that I tried.

Terry and Ali enjoyed their meals but managed to stay rather clean.


Next we went to visit the exhibits, this kiddie ride reminded me of my son Kevin's favorite riding toy growing up, Bumble Bee!




Jeff, after a rather large meal at Shaffers , that included eating everyone's leftovers, had to get a corn dog.





I dont think he thought they were as good as the Iowa state fair corn dogs but he ate it all anyway.






Next to take a gander at the rides, actually I wanted to take pictures of the rides




The lights are always impressive,







and colorful.










Next stop the animal barn.









The sheep with the deadlocks were a big hit with Ali.







No comments: