Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Martha Stewart's Mushroom/ pumpkins!


The latest Martha Stewart Living cover featured mushrooms made from pumpkins and gourds. I had to try my hand at it. It was easy. Since I used the little pumpkins I needed something small for the stem. I thought carrots were perfect.


The larger mushrooms I used a zucchini that had grown too big.


Then looking at the Turks Cap gourds I realized they already looked like toadstools!






These guys are now almost two weeks old, but they still look pretty good, tho something, I imagine a squirrel or chipmunk has been enjoying eating the stems!

2 comments:

ELK said...

the orange mushroom shapes are so clever...ever seen anything like these!

Unknown said...

Adorable. I just saw the mag cover and scampered home to find out how to do it.