Thursday, September 3, 2009

Fried Twinkies at the County Fair


For years I have heard about fried Twinkies. Now Twinkies are something I might eat every other year when on the road traveling, but I had never tried this culinary delight.

Here is the booth that made the fried Twinkies, my friend Ali ordered the fried Snickers and here they are being dropped into the fat.

Here is my Twinkie being dipped in a batter that is similar to funnel cakes. The Twinkies are frozen first then dipped and then fried.


The end products. Actually they were quite good, but I did prefer the Twinkie !

Some of us opted for ice cream but then we passed the Amish donut place. We heard others talking about these so just couldnt resist. They were great but I wish it had been at 7 in the am with a cup of coffee.




Last stop was for lemonade. Jeff couldnt go home without it, and while one stand was already closed, he persisted till he found this one open!









4 comments:

Fine Life Folk said...

... and there were donuts. reminds me to drop by Krispy Kreme this weekend.

Pat Steer (Gaelen) said...

LOL--I think I, too, would prefer the twinkie. But those doughnuts, if they're like the ones at our fair, should be on your list for next time. You're inspiring me, Jean, to go back and try to get a better shot of the jam & canning honor court at the NYS Fair - the ones I took don't do the preserves justice1

Banteringblonde said...

oh my! that looks deliciously deadly!

smartchic said...

first time here in your site, and your pictures are really nice. fried twinkies sure taste like heaven! yummy!