Sunday, January 25, 2009

Fossil Hunting


For years I held on to a tiny scrap of paper, each time I cleaned out the drawer, I saw it and tucked it back away. Till yesterday, desperately seeking a way to get out of cleaning, Terry, my husband suggested we finally follow to the directions to find the crinoid stem fossils in pink granite.
Tho we found the crinoid stem fossils, I found the actual creek much more interesting.
The color of the rock under the water was like the fine patina of copper aged to a delicate blue green sheen.



Still encased in ice, the color shone through



the color of copper
rich green and blue
aged to perfection



















2 comments:

ELK said...

these are so much fun to see...you got out of cleaning...

Anonymous said...

Jean, I can see why you were drawn to the rocks beneath the water. I would have been as well! These are so soothing and beautiful.
my daily photoblog