Friday, January 23, 2009

Homemade noodles YUM! Part 1



The other day I went over to my mother in laws to learn how to make noodles. Now this is a process with no recipe so it makes it rather hard.
We got the ingredients together.




You beat one egg and then add it to a bowl of flour.





You then begin gently and slowly adding flour to the egg.






Then using your fingers, you begin to knead in small amounts .




You add flour till you get a dough you can pick up .
I really think it is one of those things you have to do again and again till you get it right!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

gosh it's been ages since I've made homemade noodles. My mom and I used to make them when I was a girl and I carried on for years when I got married. Trouble is, as conveniences crept into my life, those delicious chewy noodles were forgotten. We loved them best when cut thick and not thin and were superb in homemade chicken soup. Oh man. I think it's high time I make some very soon!! Thanks for the great memories this dredged up.

It's minus 34 this morning so we're in for another cold weekend -- I hope yours is warm and toasty.

Jean M Fogle said...

we are warm this weekend. after 10 below last week which very unusual here in VA, we are having a hear wave! 55 degrees.